Thursday 23 July 2015

The Magic of Music and Yoga

Aum for joy, Aum for love, Aum for peace and Aum for hope.



Swami Sudhir Anand
I remember last year one of my teachers in Real Yoga Singapore sings meditation song after the class and he is always encouraging us to sing with him  or repeat after him. I will never forget the first time I heard him singing, I feel like I want to disappear because I can not follow the song and I can not pronounce any syllable or words. Since then when my teacher is singing, I don't follow him instead I just listen.

Everything changed when I had my Pranayama, Cleansing and Meditation classes  during my Yoga Teacher Training Course in Shiva Yoga Peeth in India. Our Pranayama and Cleansing Teacher, Swami Sudhir Anand who has a soft baritone voice. He always sing whenever we are in 'Savasana / Corpse Pose'. Imagine the breeze of the Mountains, sounds of the chirping birds, the flowing water of the Mother Ganges River and his voice that is as tender and as soft like a cloud in the sky. You will definitely feel his kindness and compassion through his voice. 


Rajkumari
It is not only at morning  that we hear an angel's voice but also before we close our eyes at night. During the evening before we go to dinner, we have Meditation class with Rajkumari. Rajkumari has a very beautiful, humble and caring aura that also flows through her singing voice. When she sings we always feel cared and loved. This is also one of the most exciting classes because we need to cross the Mighty Laxman Jhula before we reach our Meditation Hall inside the Omkarananda Ashram. 

Every time I reflect about my yoga journey, smile always brushes my face. I'm so happy that I'm learning not only yoga asanas but also meditation / mantra songs, anatomy and yoga philosophy. I'm also grateful that I'm learning to understand more of my inner self.

Let me share to everyone some of my favourite Meditation / Mantra Songs sung by Deva Premal.

   My sentimental favourite - Yemaya Assesu

             The song that I want to hear every morning - Om Namo Bhagabate Vasudevaya

No comments:

Post a Comment