Thursday 30 July 2015

Children's Yoga

Have you seen your childhood? –Michael Jackson



I bought a copy of this book in India for
400 Indian Rupees. Picture from Amazon.
I grew up in a Methodist Church where Sunday school and choir is alive. I grew up where music and dance covering my entire childhood that I learned to appreciate arts. I grew up knowing that I have so many relatives that are in the field of teaching. I grew up knowing that someday I will become a teacher too.
After graduating, I’m lucky enough to get my first teaching job. I was able to teach in a Thematic School where every month we need to change theme with the lesson and decoration in the classroom. Every Friday we have costume day or ‘Fun Friday’ and we celebrate a certain theme on that day.

After my experience in the Thematic School, I flew to Singapore and started a new journey. I found a new home away from home. I’ve been teaching here in Singapore for 4 years now. I am blessed to teach things that I love to do like gymnastics, theatre and music. Two years ago, yoga is one of my subjects but unfortunately the Head Quarters of the school merged yoga to gymnastics.
As a pre-school and yoga teacher, I want to showcase the benefits and difference of yoga to gymnastics. 

The goal is to let the parents know that yoga can help active children to learn to become calm and still. Yoga can help children to be familiarize with their own body. Yoga connects the mind, body and inner self of not only children but also adults. 

I am hoping that someday I will be able to teach children’s yoga and eventually create my very own Children’s yoga book like Marsha Wenig, Swati Chanchani and Rajiv Chanchani.
I believe practicing yoga is one way to celebrate the beauty and essence of childhood.

I bought a copy of this book in India for 500 Indian Rupees.
Picture for Printrest
With my previous student and her easy peasy pose!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment