Saturday 18 July 2015

Practice and all is coming

Listen to yourself, stay focus and enjoy the journey.


Pigeon Pose
Some people can easily learn yoga asanas. They can balance on their heads or hands with ease and others can effortlessly put their legs behind their head. Yet there are those who have issues with their flexibility and strength. Because of this, extra effort needs to be done during the practice.

I always believe that when practicing an asana you need to put extra determination and energy to be able to perform these poses. However, one must remember not to compete with your own body. Yoga is not about opposing your abilities, it is about the journey and the story behind each successful and hard attempts. Yoga practice is always a time to know your inner and physical self. When you practice you’ll get to familiarize and understand your body. When you practice, you progress.
 
Dancer's Pose

Two years ago, I started to be ‘hooked’ in practicing yoga asanas. Most of the time I did not listen to my breathing, watch my alignment and nor did I have enough warm-up; I’m just too excited to try out some postures that I saw on Instagram or Facebook. Fortunately, I do have progress in my physical appearance but inside my body I don’t feel comfortable and it doesn’t feel good at all.

 
Watching some yoga videos on YouTube, consistent practice in the studios or at home and attending some trainings opened my heart to understand my inner self and physical self better. All of these things I would not have achieved if I did not put my heart and soul into practice and understanding the steps and dynamics of each of it. 


Wheel Pose


Locust Pose


Always remember to practice, don’t think of what you can’t do instead think of what you can do. Remember flexibility and strength is workable when you practice. Enjoy the journey and accept that things that you can do at the moment. Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. I was happy to read this article after searching at google , after reading I have written a piece of article about :rhinoplasty definition Thank you for the article and helping me.

    ReplyDelete