Monday 27 July 2015

"Marma Massage"

MASSAGE good for the body and mind.

Guna and Mili during my Yoga Graduation Day.
Mili performed Indian Classical Dances and Guna
became our official photographer and technical assistant.
Have you heard of Marma Massage? When I was in Rishikesh, India, I was able try some really good relaxing 'massages'. During my stay in the country, I met a young couple who are very friendly and humble. They offer Marma Massage, this massage is an ancient form of therapy that focuses on the 'marma points' of the body. It is believed that each point is connected to the mind and different parts of the body.

In my personal view, marma massage is not relaxing (well you can relax and rest after but not during the therapy) for me it's very intense that it removes the over stretch in your muscles and it cracks your aging / stiff bones. I believe that this massage is really good for athletes, dancers and people who are working and sitting for standing for hours.

Guna massages guys and ofcourse Mili is for girls. This young couple did not only study and practice marma massage for more than 4 years they also teach (mat) yoga, acro yoga, pole yoga and contemporary Indian dance and classical Indian dance.

They are indeed fresh and talented. They are one of the reasons why I want to visit Rishekesh again. If you are in this beautiful place or planning to visit, I hope you'll consider their 'Marma Massage' and some dance / yoga classes, don't worry it's very affordable!
 

Indian Traditional Dance - Picture from Mili's Facebook


Acro Yoga - Picture from Guna's Facebook

 Leave a comment if you want to have a contact number of them. Thank you! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you LOUIE for wright about us........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste Mark,

    Would love for their contact details as am likely to travel to Rishikesh later this year once I figure out route from Dharamsala :) your blog is amazing by the way

    write.to.aly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaste Mark,

    Would love for their contact details as am likely to travel to Rishikesh later this year once I figure out route from Dharamsala :) your blog is amazing by the way

    write.to.aly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete