Wednesday 22 July 2015

Carnivore to (Lacto) Vegetarian

Going meat-free can make a huge difference. Studies show that vegetarians are, on average, 10 to 20 pounds lighter than meat-eaters and that a vegetarian diet reduces our risk of heart disease by 40 percent and adds seven or more years to our lifespan. 

-Ingrid Newkirk

Delicious food in Shiva Yoga Peeth
Growing up I always get scolded by my parents for not eating my vegetables. Back then I love to eat Fried Chicken, Boiled Egg, Tocino (caramelized pork), Beef Noodles, Adobo, Sinigang, Mechado among other meat dishes. My food never had any vegetable dish at all. 

When I started yoga 2 years ago, I found out that most of people who are practicing yoga are following vegetarian diet. Back then I told myself that becoming a vegetarian is impossible. I always think that vegetarian people were born the way they are and people can only be a vegetarian if their parents forced them to do it. 

Last month during my training in Shiva Yoga Peeth, I had no choice but to eat the Sattvic

diet. While in the Yoga Teacher Training journey eating vegetarian food 3 times a day became a habit, it became very easy for me to swallow the food and eventually enjoy eating.... It's a miracle! I  remember during my first week of only Yogic diet I felt very light, I felt like I was floating.

After the training I return back here in Singapore and promised myself to try my best to practice lacto vegetarian diet. Check the different Types of Vegetarian


All Images are from 'Oksana Asana's Facebook Account' 

Vegfriend article enjoy the news! 🙏 




No comments:

Post a Comment