Thursday 16 July 2015

Discovering Yoga


Saying my wishes

A teacher is always a teacher.

From when I was young, I always knew that I wanted to become a teacher. Driven by this aspiration, I took a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education major in Early Childhood Education in the Philippines and I have been a preschool teacher for 5 years now. Dealing with children and kid’s at heart is very therapeutic for me. Music, art, dance, theatre and yoga is my source of energy and enthusiasm to move forward. Having this sense of fulfilment made me realize that I have indeed taken the right path.

In 2012, I discovered yoga here in Singapore and since then I am indulging myself in the grace of this Divine practice. I make it a habit to attend classes in the studio or practice at home every day for 2 to 3 hours. Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Purna Yoga are some of the classes that I participate in the studios. I have also attended special classes like Backbend Yoga, Inversion classes and Yoga Body Opening classes. 

Certificate Ceremony
Shiva Yoga Peeth, Rishikesh, India

 My 200 Hours Teacher Training Course experience inspired me so much that I decided to become a full time vegetarian after the training. It has such a great impact in my life and now I know that I can do more for yoga. I felt so inspired and positively overwhelmed by my learning that I also want to share to other these emotions that yoga has blessed me. 

To teach music, art, dance and theatre to children and adults is a realization of my childhood dream. Being able to teach Hatha Yoga, Backbend Yoga, Yoga for Kids and Flow yoga is adding another jewel to the crown. I decided to become a certified yoga teacher to help other people to have a very happy, fulfilling and enthusiastic lifestyle. Through this, not only do I serve the community, but I am also able to attain realization of my goals and dreams towards the path of self-fulfilment.


Group Picture with our Ashtanga Teacher, Sidharth

Please watch this video and be inspired. Namaste.



No comments:

Post a Comment