Wednesday 29 July 2015

Still Standing - Vegetarian Diet

Surviving and getting used to it...


Plain Dosai
It's almost 2 months that I am practising vegetarian diet. I am getting the hang of looking for vegetarian food on the internet and finding a vegetarian restaurant here in Singapore which I always end up going to Little India for a safer vegetarian dish. Thanks to the Singapore Vegetarian Society on Facebook, the members are really kind to share their vegetarian ingredients and uploading pictures of new vegetarian restaurants and stalls in the island.
 
Until now I can't believe that I am surviving without eating meat, considering my favourite dish back then was fried chicken and boiled egg. At the moment I love to eat vegetarian pasta, at home I always have potatoes, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli and different kinds of fruits on my plate. While in the Indian Vegetarian restaurant, I'm becoming fond of eating plain Dosai and of course my favourite Naan. After the meal I always make sure that I have Indian sweet delicacies! I haven't tried any Chinese, Malay nor Western Vegetarian Restaurants, I hope I'll be able to find one near my place here in Somerset.
 
Choosing vegetarian diet is a good decision, I feel that my body is healthier and lighter. Now I'm practicing Lacto Vegetarian diet, it means I'm still eating dairy products (but I only cheese) and I hope eventually I'll be able to avoid cheese and other dairy products too.
 
If you know any vegetarian meal, ingredients that I can use and new vegetarian restaurants here in Singapore, kindly message me! Namaste.

My Current Favourite Vegetarian Restaurant near the 24 hours Mustafa Centre

Vegetarian Burger + Sweet Delicacies + Lime Juice

My First Vegetarian Meal in Singapore
Home Made Pasta and Fruit Shake
















            

No comments:

Post a Comment