Thursday 15 October 2015

BEDasanas: Rest and Sleep with these poses

Sleep is the best meditation. -Dalai Lama

Have you felt being tired and sleepy but you can not sleep at all? I always feel that everytime I'm exhausted from work or when travel. My body and mind wants to sleep but my soul does not allow me to do so.

Let me share with you some asanas that help me to rest and feel relax at night and send me to dreamland afterwards. These asanas are my personal choices or variations for my own comfort. You might want to find your own sweet resting variation. Remember, you want to stretch to rest and sleep not stretch to refuel your body to become awake.

There are some forward bends that relaxes the mind and the heart like Butterfly pose or Baddha Konasana. This pose helps release fatigue from work.
Personally, Plow Pose or Halasana gives me a good stretch for my entire back especially lower back. This pose is a big help for back benders.  
Who doesn't enjoy 'Legs Up the Wall Pose' or Viparita Karani. This pose is very effective in regulating the blood flow.
Happy Baby Pose or Ananda Balasana, calms the brain and relieves stress.


Anulom Vilom or Alternate Nostril Breathing - This Pranayama relaxes the brain and removes the toxins in the body.


Finally, Sleeping time. Good night.

Take Note, There are so many poses that you can do, not just the pictures or asanas showed on this article. You can meditate or sing a prayer or a mantra. Sleep is very important, there are many reasons why do we need to have a better sleep at night.

Make your BEDasanas and sleep! Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment