Sunday 16 August 2015

The Mighty Hanuman

Once my teacher told me that I am as 'Strong as a monkey and as flexible as a snake'. At first I didn't know that was a compliment, until when Hanuman, the Mighty Monkey came across my mind.

Hanuman is a Hindu god and a follower of Rama. He was mentioned several times in Hindu scriptures such as Ramayana, Mahabarata, Puranas and Jain texts.  

Because of my teacher and because of Hanuman-asana (monkey pose), I decided to check the story of Hanuman. There different variations about his life story, Some people say that he is the son of the King and Queen of the Monkeys. For others, he is a son of Kesari and a woman named Anjana, who was cursed and was turned into a monkey. If you are interested to read the most important events in the life of Hanuman, visit The Life of Hanuman and Hanuman.

Hanuman is a very popular Hindu Mythology. And because of that there are so many things that are dedicated to him such as...


Hanumanasana - Monkey Pose

Movie for children and adult

Hanuman Chalisa 


Mantra for Courage and Strength


Hanuman is not your ordinary Hindu Mythological god! What can you dedicate to the powerful  and mighty Monkey?

The song 'Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram Om' is our dedication for Hanuman. My Meditation Teacher and my classmates in Shiva Yoga Peeth in Rishikesh, India recorded this during one of our Meditation classes. Hanuman loves to sing this song for Rama.



No comments:

Post a Comment