Monday 24 August 2015

Common Questions About Yoga

These are the common questions that I get from those who are curious and those who wants to practice it. Let me remind everyone that, these questions are from different people that I encounter and my response to their questions are my personal answers.

1.) I AM NOT FLEXIBLE, can I still practice Yoga?
answer: Yoga is not for flexible, Yoga is for those who are willing to practice it. This is always my answer to those who always telling me that, they don't practice yoga because they are not flexible. There always adjustments for beginners to advance people. Don't worry.

2.) I HAVE A MONTHLY CYCLE, can I still practice?
answer: Yes! when women have monthly period, they can still practice, just avoid to much inversion asanas.

The Inspiring Amelia Kathryn
Follow her on Instagram @ameliakyoga









3.) HOW OLD CAN A PERSON PRACTICE YOGA?
answer: Any age can practice yoga. Some starts at ZERO years old. Some pregnant mums are attending Pre-Natal Yoga it means if the mummy is practicing the baby inside the tummy is also practicing.



The Amazing Tao Porchon-Lynch
Photo from: www.dailymail.co.uk
 
4.) I AM OLD, can I still practice?
answer: Definitely! Yoga does not choose age. Practice what you can and never force yourself.
5.) I HAVE INJURIES/PAINS, can I still practice?
answer: Of course! it depends how serious your injury or pain. Consult your yoga teacher about your body issues. Try Yoga Therapy if you are worried about your
   injuries/pains.

6.) WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I DON'T PRACTICE IN SOME DAYS?
answer: Do simple stretching so that when you practice again, your body will not feel too much tightness.



My Flexibility and strength progress in Firefly pose





7.) CAN I IMPROVE FLEXIBILITY / STRENGTH THROUGH YOGA?
answer: YES! YES! YES! Practice and all is coming. Practice is the key to improve one's ability. And always remember, FLEXIBILITY IS WORKABLE.
 
 
8.) IS YOGA FOR HINDUS ONLY?
answer: NO. Yoga is for everyone whether you are Hindu, Christian, Muslim or other religion. It depends how you inculcate yoga in your life. Yoga can be your physical practice or religious practice.
 
 
9.) I AM NOT VEGETARIAN, can I still practice?
answer: YES! Vegetarianism is a choice. Is a diet for people who have health issues, religious purposes or people who wants to have a healthier life. You can still practice yoga even though you are a meat eater.

 
10.) DOES YOGA IMPROVE SEX LIFE?
answer: I don't know the answer but according to some articles, it helps a lot.
Ekhart Yoga is my favourite Vertual Yoga Teacher.
Ahem! Please do my watch my videos too! :)

11.) ARE THERE VIDEOS THAT I CAN FOLLOW?
answer: Internet is amazing. There are a lot of yoga teachers who are posting yoga videos online. Just search Yoga for Beginners or any thing that you want to know about yoga. For sure you'll get an answer.
My first yoga selfie with my new Liforme 'Yoga Travel Mat' .
12.) DO I NEED TO BUY AN EXPENSIVE YOGA MAT?
answer: It doesn't mean the Yoga Mat is expensive it is a good mat. Read reviews online regarding yoga mats so you can find a good one! I tried Manduka, Lululemon, Jade Yoga Mat and Liforme Mat, all I can say is that these mats were created for yogis.
Halasana / Plow Pose
With the 'First Version' of Liforme Mat.
Bonus Question: * Can you S}C% your own D/)K?
answer: I don't know and don't want to know.

Dear Readers, You are free to ask more questions and add information. Thank you and Namaste'.


No comments:

Post a Comment